This week, I introduce you to Kevin. He’s the other half of the married couple. Like his wife Jessica, Kevin is from
Kevin absolutely loves Ultimate Frisbee. I got to know him at orientation while throwing a Frisbee around on the lawn of the Louisville Seminary campus. He, Alex (one of the other teammates), and I were the only three willing to leave the air-conditioned building in the middle of the hot, humid day in order to chase a flying disc around. We just might be crazy. We also decided that our goal was to get all the Northern Irish kids playing Ultimate Frisbee before we leave at the end of the year. So far, I’m the only one who’s been successful at that – the kids in my youth group played Ultimate at the New Year’s lock-in, and loved it.
Kevin works with Jessica at Fortwilliam Macrory Presbyterian Church and The 174 Trust. He does a lot of work with teenagers, helping with the church’s youth group and playing football with youth at the Trust. He also helps with a guitar group at church, as he plays guitar quite well. When the team goes on retreats, Kevin and I bring our guitars and form a praise team for our worship times. And then the guitars sit out in the common room and one or both of us end up almost constantly playing around on them. Neither of us can stay away from a musical instrument within sight.
Kevin has a quirky and active sense of humor, always ready with a smile. He’s a very caring person who looks out for the rest of us and does what he can to make us all happy.
Word of the Week: Car Park. It’s the Northern Irish way to say “parking lot.” If I think about it, the phrase “car park” conjures up images of Fords and Volkswagens going down slides and swinging on swings with big grins on their faces, kind of like the cars in the Chevron commercials.

No comments:
Post a Comment